Thursday, February 11, 2010

More actions taken

Completed actions from list:
  • Personal
    • Poker: DONE
    • Subscriptions & Dues: DONE
    • Other Entertainment: DONE
  • Utilities
    • Water
      • See if sprinkler system is in winter mode.  Adjust sprinkler times if necessary. DONE - I adjusted to 80%.  I'll review again and consider other action.
      • Do not run water while brushing teeth. - DONE (today, anyway.  I'll have to keep it up and make a habit of it)
    • Electricity
      • Turn off lights when not in room - DONE (so far, anyway.  I'll have to keep it up and make a habit of it)
      • Turn off various ceiling fans - DONE
      • Consider putting computer on timer rather than running constantly - Shut off this morning prior to work.
      • Shut off air purifier - DONE 

Actions still to be taken:
  • Personal
    • Vacation: I have to pay the timeshare every other year, but I can be careful about additional vacation expenses.  We don't currently have any planned, but this is an area I can watch and be careful with.
  • Utilities
    • Water
      • Check if rear toilet is leaking
      • Make sure water level in washer is appropriate to load size
    • Gas
      • Reduce daytime temperature in house
      • Reduce after-bed termperature in house
      • Check for drafts and see if I can fix any
    • Electricity
      • Consider putting computer on timer rather than running constantly
      • Unplug various unused AC items
    • Cable & Internet
      • Call and see if they'll reduce my rates at all
    • Cell Phone: This is entirely out of hand
      • Go through bill with fine-tooth comb and see what can be done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment