Saturday, February 20, 2010

Money!

It's been a pretty good week for money.  Now that my taxes are figured out, I can do some really cool stuff:
  1. Today I will file my tax return.  Expecting $5,825 back, probably by the end of March
    1. $4000 straight to debt reduction
    2. $1700 into eFund to bring it back up to preferred level
    3. $125 to ENJOY!
  2. Monday I will file a new W4 (W2?) so that I will get the money through the year instead of when I file
    1. Approx $150 more per paycheck
    2. I plan to continue my expense-reducing plans, and keep living on my current budget
    3. Extra money each month will go straight to debt reduction
If I'm looking at this correctly then (god willing and the creek don't rise) I'll have paid off an additional almost $7,000 by the end of this year.  Add in my usual payments, and that's $10,000 worth of debt that should be GONE by the end of the year.  WOOT!

There is hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment